9.30.2012

Our Creepy Decor - Inside

The minute my husband hung my faux mantle I wanted to decorate for Halloween!
 The black cat was from Michael's, I grabbed it after I saw the cute bottle brush cats at Pottery Barn.

 These were left over from the Harry Potter birthday party.


 I fell in love with the creepy black birds on Anythingology.



 Spray painted pumpkins with metallic silver.


 And for my favorite part - the Haunted Village.  My kids love the creepy village at Michael's but I would never spend that kind of money on holiday decor, at least not Halloween.  This alternative saved the day.


The idea came from The 36th Avenue blog.  I bought a Dollar Tree Christmas village, people and trees and spray painted them black.  I added black glitter paint to the roofs.  I also cut off the bats of some bat rings, painted them with black glitter and glued them to the houses.  Super creepy!  I love it.

*She also has a solution from a Christmas village I wanted to make too....yes I'm already working on Christmas decor.

2 comments:

Kyetra said...

Love all the Halloween decor!
Thanks for linking up to Link Up and Spook On. I am now a follower. ;0
http://www.kyetrabelton.com

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

Fantastic job! My weekly linky party--One Creative Weekend--has gone spooky this week in honor of my thirteenth party. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. (You can include non-Halloween posts as well, but feel free to link up as many Halloween-themed posts as you like.) There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...