12.21.2012

Friday Faves: Holiday Glam

With all the fun Holiday parties this month I thought I'd share some of my favorite beauty items for a holiday look:


My version: 

1. Primer: It helps the foundation go on smoothly and you don't need to use as much of it either. I used to use E.L.F. Mineral face primer, at $6 it's really economical and I liked it.  However, I've recently switched to a Pinterest find: Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

Source: skindeco.net via Deann on Pinterest


I really like it and they say it's comparable to smashbox. I used a $2 coupon from Monistat and got it for $3.39 at Target.

Source: ebay.com via Sarah on Pinterest

2.  False eyelashes!  This is my newest favorite beauty item.  At first it was a bit scary and there was a bit of a learning curve.  Now that I know the ins and outs of applying them it's a snap and makes such a beautiful difference in the overall look.  First off buy Duo glue - it is the best and only glue that will last all day.  Also, one tube lasts forever!  I place a dab of glue on the package of my eyelashes and let it sit  while I take out the false lashes.  This lets the glue get tacky so the falsie will stick immediate.  Then I take a bobby pin, dip the ball end in the glue and then apply the glue on the strip of the lash. Place the falsie on your lash roots-trying not to get it on the eyelid but as close as possible.
My current fav lashes are by Ardell, they are made with european hair so they are more "real" looking.  Although I use E.L.F. lashes a lot - you can't go wrong for a $1.  I get at least 4 uses out of each pair, and if you clean them they can last up to a month supposedly.


3. Red lips: automatically glam up any look.  There are a few secrets to sucessfully pulling it off.  One make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized, any flakes will show up like crazy.  Use a lip liner to fill in the entire lip first, this will help your lipstick last.  Apply a layer of lipstick, blot and then apply another layer.
 Here are some of my fav red lipsticks (since I own like 20 of them):
NYC Sheer Red (shown above), This is a great lipstick if your nervous about wearing red lips. Its moisturizing and doesn't need all the layering tips I wrote about above, just glide it on.
 Besame Lipstick,  I ordered a sample pack when it was available and I love all their colors. These are very pigmented and opaque.  They take a little time to apply, which I like, it makes me feel like an old Hollywood movies star ( kind of).
Revlon Matte Lipstick In the Red, also for a more old hollywood look, but better on the budget.  I love the matte look and this one doesn't dry out my lips. I bought mine at WalMart
ELF matte lipstick in Rich Red, this is great for a base or liner too.  Easy application and lasts a good amount of time, no dry out: available at target.
NYC Extend Wear Lip gloss in Round the Clock Ruby, for super shine this is really fun. Great for New Years Eve.  Also from WalMarthttp://www.target.com/p/ardell-duo-eyelash-adhesive-clear/-/A-12391673?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C12391673&CPNG=Health+Beauty&kpid=12391673&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=12391673
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...