1.31.2012

Superbowl Recipes

I thought I would share a few of my favorite appetizer type dishes for Superbowl Sunday...


First off my go to wing recipe, from Ree at Pioneer Woman. I only buy frozen drummets - cause lets face it, it is a pain to try to scrap such little meat off of wings! I also bake my chicken instead of frying it and I've started to leave out the Tabasco sauce, and it still is super yummy!
Ok so I'm using this picture because it looks exactly like our Jalapeno/Bacon/Chicken bites, but their recipe is slightly different. We use any bird we have on hand (pheasant, chicken, or grouse). We marinate bite size pieces in Worcester sauce for at least a half an hour but not too long or the taste can get over powering. Then we take half a bacon strip and wrap it around a piece of chicken and a slice of jalapeno (right out of the jar), stick a toothpick in it to hold it together and grill it on the bbq. Everyone loves these...super yummy!
Another hit from Ree. The only thing I change is I use half the butter and it's perfect for my taste. I love, love, love this bread - I can eat the whole thing by myself, so I usually take half of the bread - pre-cooked, and stick it in the freezer for another day, but that won't work on a Superbowl crowd!
Another favorite. I follow this one exactly and serve with tortilla chips or french bread!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I found your blog thru pinterest, and I'm so glad I did - your book party idea is awesome!

I'm your newest follower.

Have a great Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...